Back to ChangeMaker Homepage
For Myanmar applicants, please click here for more information about the application process!
This year, Connecting Myanmar proudly presents Hong Kong’s first two-way exchange program with Myanmar students. The Hong Kong-Myanmar ChangeMaker Program is a short-term summer exchange program designed for 15 Hong Kong students and 15 Myanmar students, hoping to facilitate intellectual dialogues, nurture service leaders and promote cultural exchange between Hong Kong and Myanmar students.
Application deadline [For HK Applicants only] : 5 March 2018 (Monday) 23:59 (GMT+8) (Applications are considered on a rolling basis)
Locations: Hong Kong + Yangon + Kayin state/ Mon state/ Bago region/ Dawei Tanintharyi region, Myanmar(subject to grouping)
Dates: 25 May – 3 June 2018 (HK Phase); 22 June – 1 July 2018 (Myanmar Phase)
Quota for Hong Kong participants: 15 (Students from all majors are welcomed)
Subsidy: Subsidy of $1000-5000 is available, depending on financial needs. Details will be released in due course. Applicant may also consider applying the Reaching Out Award. Details are available at http://www.scholarships.hku.hk/Scholarships/detail/397
Apply at: https://goo.gl/forms/LCkZsGLHKZBUb3SB2
HK Phase: 25 May – 3 June 2018
- Themes: inequality, civic rights and education
- Format: experiential learning, flipped- and outside-classroom activities and enriching cultural events
- Time commitment: 4-6 hours each day on 7-8 days between the dates (Details will be released in due course)
Myanmar Phase: 22 June – 1 July 2018
- Themes: your own themes based on inspirations from HK Phase
- Responsibilities: design and carry out educational workshops for youth in Kayin state/ Mon state/ Bago region/ Dawei Tanintharyi region.
*Briefings and trainings are compulsory
First briefing date: 9 March 2018
For more information about travel advice and estimated costs, please visit: https://connectingmyanmar.org/2018-summer-programs-recruitment/