PHOTO EXHIBITION & PROMOTION BOOTH
Date: 24 March 2014 – 28 March 2014
Time: 11:00 – 18:00
Location: Covered area outside SU canteen, HKU
- Check out photos contributed by last year’s volunteers that bring to life the experiences and outcomes of last year’s summer programmes. Get a feel of the change that you could be making!
- Take polaroid photos with Burmese ethnic costumes to try on!
- To meet Connecting Myanmar members who will answer any questions you might have and are more than happy to tell you about life in Myanmar and at the border
- A charity sale of postcards from the photos of our volunteers. All funds go towards partners NGOs of our summer programmes
MYANMAR CULTURAL NIGHT
Date: 24 March 2014
Location: Global Lounge, Main Campus, HKU
- Music, songs and dance performances – and a chance to sing along and learn some steps too!
- Burmese cuisine, with dishes prepared by some of HKU’s Burmese students – don’t leave without trying some!
- Interact with equally curious people and learn more about Myanmar and its people and culture
Date: 25 March 2014
Time: 12:30 – 14:00
Location: Outside SU canteen, HKU
- Forum on situation of refugees on Thai-Burma border with Ian Holliday (PPA Professor), Kelly Looper (Law Professor), and Maggie Chum (Representative from UNHCR).
Date: 28 March 2014
Location: CPD 2.42, Centennial Campus, HKU
- A journey of two Burmese families from a refugee camp on the Thai/Burma border to their new homes in the UK. It will bring us through an unique experience of migration against the backdrop of political crisis in Burma.